Business

MrBeast says he refused to take part in an underwater trip

YouTube star MrBeast said on Sunday he was invited to join an underwater trip to the Titanic wreckage but declined.

“I was invited to ride the giant submarine earlier this month, I said no. Kind of scary that I could have been on it,” MrBeast tweeted Sunday morning.

While he didn’t specify whether the invitation was for the fatal Titan journey that ended in a catastrophic implosion, MrBeast, whose real name is Jimmy Donaldson, shared part of the text from someone asking him to join.

“Plus, I’m going to the Titanic by submarine at the end of this month,” the person wrote. “The team would be happy to have you.”

With over 162 million current followers, MrBeast has the largest subscriber base of any creator on YouTube. His videos often feature stunts, contests and huge philanthropic efforts.

There is an ongoing investigation into what led to the implosion of the OceanGate Titan submarine, which killed all five people on board during its descent last week to visit the Titanic’s wreckage.

The dead included OceantGate CEO Stockton Rush, British businessman Hamish Harding; French diver Paul-Henri Nargeolet; and Pakistan-born businessman Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman, who were British citizens.

See also  Air Canada ordered to pay $10K after couple endures 'horrendous experience'

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button